Facilities and Maintenance Manager
The Healesville Greyhound Association manages a very successful, boutique venue that caters for a niche in the greyhound racing industry. The straight track is a point of difference to all the other tracks in Victoria and has the atmosphere of a county track with a family/picnic vibe in a great setting.
We are seeking a passionate and professional person to fill the role of Facilities and Maintenance Manager. Reporting to the General Manager, the Facilities and Maintenance Manager is responsible for the management and delivery of venue and track works and maintenance programs. You will work with the Track Curator to deliver improved track and infrastructure maintenance and safer racing outcomes for best practice animal welfare.
We are seeking individuals who possess strong skills across operations, people management and leadership, adherence to the highest standards in Health & Safety, as well having a strong knowledge of facility maintenance.
Leading by example, you will promote positivity, consistency and accountability within the team and strive to further enhance an already productive culture which focuses on teamwork.
The role is full time and will require attendance at race days including weekend work. You will be responsible for general ground and track maintenance across the venue.
- ‘Hands on’ general maintenance of grounds, track, grandstand and office area including mowing, track preparation and repairs and garden maintenance
- Supervision of extraordinary track works
- Provide leadership and direction to the casual staff for the successful delivery of racing and trials and promote strong culture
- Develop and implement the maintenance strategies for the venue and facilities
- Ensure work is delivered on time and within budget and most importantly to expectation or above
- Sourcing and employing of external services and supplies
- Experience developing and implementing preventative maintenance strategies to bring about a proactive and preventative maintenance culture
- Experience in the management of staff, contractors and services to generate successful results
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to meet changing deadlines
- You will be a strong communicator, both verbal and written with excellent problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability and experience in planning, organising and coordinating projects
If you have a background in maintenance, grounds keeping or similar industry, coupled with a passion for the racing industry, we would love to hear from you. Previous experience in greyhound track maintenance is not essential but is considered an advantage.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
To apply for this position click on the “apply for this job” button or send your cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday 12 April 2019.
For further information please call Cynthia on 0403 476 823